Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 500,000 depositors and over 37,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches countrywide. The bank oﬀers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services, and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small, and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners, and youth.
In order to meet the needs of its growing customer base, the company is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated, result-oriented professionals to fill the following position;
Regional Accountant (1 Position)
The position reports directly to Senior Accountant- Management Reporting
Role of the Job:
To ensure proper Management reporting to internal stakeholders and assist management to take appropriate decisions.
Key Result Areas:
- Participate in developing annual branch budgets and targets in line with the finance division guidelines
- Prepare and review weekly and monthly reports on utilization of suspense accounts and report on their status to regional office and give recommendations
- Posting of internally generated requests to support Branch & HQ Operations.
- Management of all Insurance payables
- Fixed Assets Management
- Grants Management in line with the requirements of IFRSs and Grant agreements.
- Timely reconciliation of all suspense accounts and prompt resolution of any identified anomalies.
- Revenue Assurance for all other incomes and any identified leakages followed up for timely closure.
- Reconciliation of all staff related general ledgers.
- Stock Management
- Timely Support to branches on finance related matters.
- Timely Provision of data required by both internal and external stakeholders and performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
- Al least level 2 of professional qualifications from ACCA or CPA
- Atleast (3) years working experience in a busy profit-oriented Organisation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Willingness to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Excellent Computer skills
- Demonstrated high integrity, independence, objectivity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Extreme trustworthiness
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, TWED PLAZA, Plot 22B, Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 17th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.