(Closes March 1st, 2021)
The position reports directly to Senior Legal Officer
Role of the Job:
To provide clerical support to the Legal Department.
Key Result Areas:
- File documents in courts of law as and when required to.
- Effect service of pleadings on litigants.
- Register the Bank’s caveat on the client’s log books with URA
- Prepare mortgage and caveat discharge letters in accordance with the Bank policies and effect the discharge in the document management system.
- Upon instruction, attend to the Registry of documents and land registry to lodge mortgages, search requests and other instruments for registration.
- Registering all securities in the Bank’s registers.
- Scan and upload the Bank’s borrower’s securities onto the Bank’s electronic storage system.
- Conduct periodic security verification and submit a report to the Supervisor
- Deliver/pick letters or documents to any assigned destination as required
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
- Diploma in Law
- Process server’s certificate
- 1 years work experience in legal practice gained from a busy law firm
- Willingness to frequently travel upcountry.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. As well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 1st March, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.