This position reports directly to the Internal Audit Manager.
Role of the Job:
Review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, risk management documentation and contribute towards the improvement of those systems at Finance Trust Bank.
Key Result Areas:
- To develop risk based audit plans for the units/entities to be audited.
- To audit and prepare quality working papers that comply with standards and policy.
- To prepare quality draft reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- To ensure timely completion of assignments.
- To supervise staff on audit assignments and develop staff in line with policy and training needs.
- To review of Bank of Uganda monthly and weekly returns.
- To co-ordinate and follow up the status of implementation of the audit recommendations and prepare periodical reports to Board and Senior Management.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Audit Department or any other Bank Management.
Minimum Qualifications Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or business related field
- Professional qualifications like CIA, ACCA, CPA.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in Auditing and Banking in a financial institution or External Accounting/Auditing Firm.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, related applications & Banking Software
- Demonstrated high integrity, independence, objectivity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of Organization.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good personal presentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel upcountry frequently.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their email application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 7th January, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.