(Closes February 20th 2021)
The job holder will report to the Manager Core Banking & Business Applications.
Role of the Job:
To provide a vertical bridge through the business to communicate information of high value to support decision making demands; provide a range of administrative and technical services to our clients end to end business process and automate systems administration tasks and author policies and procedures that support maximum uptime operation of all system applications.
Key Result Areas:
- Set Up, maintain or update Business Intelligence tools and databases.
- Develop Business Intelligence and data warehouse strategies.
- Direct, organize, and lead BI work stream projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or ICT projects.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of a related product, market, or share trends and present findings to all levels of management. Oversee the business process review for all identified departments and functional areas.
- Develop and maintain system tools and job streams for automating or simplifying system administration tasks such as implementing new changes in the core banking systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Collaborate with resources to ensure all system design requirements adequately reflect the defined business processes and fully support all components of the functional business requirements.
- Ensure effective technical performance of the database system, including taking necessary action to improve performance, initiate recovery activities when system failures occur.
- Perform adequate storage, data retrieval, and archiving processes.
- Maintain archived data, audit and review systems plus practices so as to ensure compliance with IT policy and standards.
- Create the business process review schedule by functional area.
- Carry out systems support and user support on the core banking systems.
- Support the creation and/or create test plans and training materials relevant to the approved client business processes
- Ensure that all appropriate system tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon by the business unit and IT.
- Provides resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test efforts in respect of business processes.
- Run End of Day operations.
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Working experience preferably with a financial institution in the area of database administration and data centre management.
- OCP, MCDBA, and Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX certification preferably HP-UX and LINUX will be desirable.
- Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes.
- Advanced analytical & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and UNIX i.e. SOLARIS & AS400.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management Systems is a must
- Experience working with open source RDBMS e.g. Mysql
- Knowledge of shell scripting and other scripting languages like Perl, Python, PHP etc..
- Ability to work independently at any Group location in an IT support capacity;
- Ability to quickly assess organizational needs relative to databases and datacenter problems;
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in verbal discussions with users;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
Position carry’s an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. As well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 16th February, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.