This position reports directly to the Regional Manager and will be based at a Branch of the Bank.
Role of the Job:
To provide overall oversight of the branch in the operations of the bank by ensuring compliance to the laid down policies and procedures, business growth, human resource management, risk management, customer service, quality leadership as well as ensuring that staff are provided with the necessary working tools.
Key Result Areas:
a). HR Management
- Cascade Branch performance targets to all
- Appraise performance of Branch Accountant and Credit
- Review performance appraisals for all staff in the
- Enforcing the code of conduct/Discipline.
- Develop the annual leave plan and manage leave uptake
- Ensure staff attendance to work
- Managing staffing in the Branch
- Mentor and train staff
- Review and recommend staff loan applications to the Head office staff loan
b). Administration and Logistics
- Provide oversight over Bank assets
- Ensure proper usage of Bank assets
c). Business growth
- Grow Loan book/portfolio
- Grow Savings portfolio
- Grow the number of savings and loan customers
- Ensure a quality loan portfolio
- Grow the transactional income
- Market FTB products
- Review and approve loan applications
- Performance reporting- Make periodic assessments of the performance of each staff against set targets
- Ensure high staff productivity
d) Risk Management and compliance
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to Audit, BCP, AML
- Carry out spot checks on the portfolio of field officers in the field
- Enforce the internal controls to ensure compliance to the BOU guidelines
e) Customer Service
- Ensure good customer service
f) Planning & Budgeting
- Review, consolidate, plan, control and monitor the annual and monthly branch budgets
- Draw Branch staff budget
- Ensure activity plans are developed and enforced
- Act as Chairperson in the Branch loan committees
- Plan and coordinate branch activities to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Represent the Bank in the area of operation at corporate events and ensure to portray a good image.
- Review and evaluate branch lending and deposits operations to identify systematic risks and provide
h) Key Management
- Ensure proper management of keys
h) Cash management
- Approve daily cash transactions
- Keep safe custody of strong room keys
- Reconcile back office daily transactions in the system to ensure daily balancing and availability of financial resources at the Branch all of the time.
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Accounting, Business Administration, social sciences or any other related business discipline gained from a recognized university.
- Three (3) years’ work experience as a Credit Supervisor, Branch Accountant and Regional Credit Administrator with a good performance record and no record of disciplinary issues in the last one
- Commercial banking experience is an added
- Good analytical and report writing
- Computer literacy is a
- Highly organized person with ability to
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimum
- Good written and oral communication
- Good interpersonal
- High level of integrity and self-initiative.
- Willingness to work in the field at least 60% of the
- Willingness to work outside the Central Business District of Kampala
- Motorcycle riding skill is an added
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 22B, TWED PLAZA, Lumumba Avenue. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com. As well, as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 10th October, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.